Options

Cheers to Darril Gibson

physicskidphysicskid Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
Cheers to Darril Gibson for more than just helping me pass another exam, I personally will thank him for the coaching his book conveyed to me. Originally, I was going to forgo taking Security +, but on the recommendation of a fellow groupmate I met here at techexams.net and his recommendation for Darril Gibson's "CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide", I made the choice to dive in. Immediately after I passed Network+ back in October, I quickly rush-ordered the book.

I scored 776 this morning. Yes, it's a pass. And yes, I wish I could've done better. However, I'm not going to let it get to me because prior to ordering the study guide, the only information I had on Security+ was the information I had retained from schooling in 2004-2005. With some encouragement, deep motivation to prepare as well as watching my diet, etc., I got through this morning and did it. As well, Security+ has a lot of questions that seriously made me ask "WTF?"

What's next? I'm going to take a break from studying certifications. I will have to re-evaluate whether I want to try for MCSA 2003 or now. As well, the forum post <http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/60911-how-retain-knwoledge-you-gain-during-preparation-exams.html&gt; has gotten me thinking. Is Microsoft the right path? Or is there more? As well, there's still gifts to buy and life to live!

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The difference from your 776 and my 870 (or some savant's 900) is 94 and 124, respectively.

Aside from that, nothing else matters...a pass is a pass. (I used more than Darril's book to pass though, like Transcenders, Labsim, etc...but I could have just used Darril's book by itself after I sat for the exam.)

Seriously, congratulations...I would have been happy seeing a 750 myself and did not think I would touch 870. You did great and well done! icon_thumright.gif