Options

first day of class

dandanearldandanearl Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
My first day of MS2152 class starts tonight in preparation for the 70-210 exam. Will this class be thorough enough or would you recommend additional study material/practice exams?

Comments

• Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Depends on what is provided by the class. If you're already given study materials and practice exams, you might not need anything else.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dandanearl wrote:
    My first day of MS2152 class starts tonight in preparation for the 70-210 exam. Will this class be thorough enough or would you recommend additional study material/practice exams?

I've never known of anyone taking that class. I'd love to hear what you think about it after its completion?

Was it worth it?
    Did you have actual experience before the class? If yes, than do you feel it prepared you?
    If no, do you feel it introduce the topics logically and clearly?

Or anything you would be happy to share :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The MOCs (Microsoft Official Curriculums), such as the MS2152 course, cover almost the same information you can find in the official MS Training Kits, often with some additional classroom labs. They are not that thorough and I suggest getting a book or a good set of practice questions to compliment the course. The quality of such a course usually depends most on the quality of the instructor but it's also useful to 'network' with fellow-techies.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good to know!

I've used the MS Books as well as other supplimental reading (Sybex, Meyers, etc..) lab, as well as working in the industry. Just wondered how the classes stacked up.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?