Options

Taking Security+ on 12/14/2010

petercarterpetercarter Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I'm taking the test tomorrow morning at 9:30am. Just doing some final studying tonight.

Got an 88% on Darril's final test. From what I hear this is more like the actual test.

Got a 70% on the CompTIA 30 question practice test - seeing FAIL was a real motivation killer - but from my experience (from passing Network+) they seem to make these particular questions a bit harder than the actual test (probably to get people to actually study the objectives). I got an 80% on CompTIAs website for Network+ and a 97% on the actual test.

I've watched the CBT Nugget Sec+ 2008 videos, read through Darril's book, and have about 1-2 years actual work experience in IT (and about 8 more years as a hobbyist/freelancer in IT).

Am I ready? Wish me luck! icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    xxdunstxxxxdunstxx Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the exam today. 95% of the questions I was confronted with were straight from the core objectives of the sec+ exam. Make sure you feel comfortable with the more complex sections (PKI, cryptosystems, CA's, digital signatures, etc). The rest of the content is pretty straight forward. Be sure to use the process of elimination on all of your answers. CompTIA exams can be passed by following your gut feeling most of the time. Also, make sure you know which algorithms are symmetric and which ones are asymmetric, and where they resides on the "security poll". GL on your test! =)
  • Options
    Passed with an 833 (about 92.5%)!

Some of those questions were fairly tough....could have gone either way. Some were also very vague. But most were fairly easy if you understand the objectives.

A+, Net+, and Sec+ certified for life!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the triad! Whats next for you?
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Congrads!
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    Congrats on the triad! Whats next for you?

Might go the MCITP or MCSE route, or possibly the Cisco route (CCNA or higher)
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can actually round that up to the whole 93%... :)

Congrats all the same and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    congrats on the pass! Great score too.