Icnd 1

crispyKcrispyK Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have frequented these forums for a long time during my certification studies and love the community but I have never posted before. This will be my first.

I passed my CCENT yesterday with a score of 897. I am extremely happy about this but I scored a 67% and 60% on the implementing IP addresses.... and implement a small routed network sections respectively. Even though I passed, I thought these two sections were my strong areas and am worried now about the ICND2 because I am not sure what exactly I did wrong on ICND1 in these categories. I was previously going to take the CCNA comprehensive but decided to split it up after reading a lot of the posts here. I had thought myself almost ready for ICND2 but now I am worried about the two sections where I did bad since those objectives most certainly play a role in ICND2.

Does anybody have any advice for a worried future ICND2 taker?

Comments

• VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    crispyK wrote: »
    I have frequented these forums for a long time during my certification studies and love the community but I have never posted before. This will be my first.

I passed my CCENT yesterday with a score of 897. I am extremely happy about this but I scored a 67% and 60% on the implementing IP addresses.... and implement a small routed network sections respectively. Even though I passed, I thought these two sections were my strong areas and am worried now about the ICND2 because I am not sure what exactly I did wrong on ICND1 in these categories. I was previously going to take the CCNA comprehensive but decided to split it up after reading a lot of the posts here. I had thought myself almost ready for ICND2 but now I am worried about the two sections where I did bad since those objectives most certainly play a role in ICND2.

Does anybody have any advice for a worried future ICND2 taker?

Lab lab lab and if you get bored of doing that lab some more
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Subnetting Subnetting Subnetting
    Lab Lab Lab

If you haven't already checked out subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online -- do it.

ICND2 should build on the trivia you learned in ICND1 and the hands on basics. You'll have to learn more theory for ICND2, but the days of learning trivia are gone (or at least greatly reduced to background history status). Everything you should be learning can be reinforced with hands on lab time. And the more good lab time you put in for ICND2, the easier it should become.

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif and Welcome to TechExams.net icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Subnetting Subnetting Subnetting
    Lab Lab Lab

If you haven't already checked out subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online -- do it.

ICND2 should build on the trivia you learned in ICND1 and the hands on basics. You'll have to learn more theory for ICND2, but the days of learning trivia are gone (or at least greatly reduced to background history status). Everything you should be learning can be reinforced with hands on lab time. And the more good lab time you put in for ICND2, the easier it should become.

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif and Welcome to TechExams.net icon_cool.gif

Ditto, and don't forget to update your certifications in your profile here!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.