Options

2 chapters to go....

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
I have completed 8 chapters of Darril's book, and I usually miss one or two tops on the end of chapter tests...

I am not reading the Sybex book, but I do have their cds and I have been using their end of chapter tests... granted they have 9 chapters as opposed to Darril's ten, and I'm sure they don't go in the same order...

but the point is... I score lower on the Sybex tests, not much, but still... I seem to find a lot of questions not covered by Darril's book... questions that may have been covered by A+ or Net+ but the point is...

I know this board loooooooooooves Darril's book, but I am really glad I have these Sybex cds...

I like Darril's book, I really love the font size and page layouts.... and I feel confident I will pass Security+ will little to no problems... but... at the risk of being ostracized by this board... part of me feels like if I had the time, I would have been better off reading the Sybex book cover to cover like I have done with A+ and Net+..

again... i LIKE darril's book... but I feel good about having Sybex as an addition... and I have a .pdf from PrepLogic... but I haven't looked at it yet
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I like Darril's book, I really love the font size and page layouts.... and I feel confident I will pass Security+ will little to no problems... but... at the risk of being ostracized by this board... part of me feels like if I had the time, I would have been better off reading the Sybex book cover to cover like I have done with A+ and Net+..

No one will ostracize you, but at the same time, no need to reinvent the wheel either. If 100% of folks have posted that Darril's book was more than sufficient to pass this exam, there is a reason for that. You can use the Sybex as supplemental material (I did), but you should just read and work through Darril's book.

That's going to get you Security+ certified. If it didn't, you would be the first to say so. :)
  • Options
    maybe I spoke too soon, chapter 9 covered a lot of the questions I had in Sybex that I had not see in Darril's book... and Chapter 10 may cover most of the rest...

scheduled my test for tomorrow afternoon...

starting chapter 10 now
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Best of luck to you Mike!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I like Darril's book... but...

icon_eek.gif Blashphemy!!!!...jk icon_wink.gif

Darril's book does have all the info you need for the test, but everyone learns differently. I liked the LabSim for S+ just as much as Darril's book.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    thanks yo... ready to get this over with and then take a small break...
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark