Options

Anyone familiar with an Online University that provides Logistics and Supply Chain?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I was looking for OnLine MBA programs that provides Supply Chain Management and Logistics emphasis. A lot of the jobs I have been wanting to apply for require some higher level of Supply Chain knowledge which I don't have. They are hybrid IT positions.

I am so scared of some of the online schools that I wanted to check with my astute brethren.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    You might try asking over at DegreeInfo.com.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N2IT wrote: »
    I was looking for OnLine MBA programs that provides Supply Chain Management and Logistics emphasis. A lot of the jobs I have been wanting to apply for require some higher level of Supply Chain knowledge which I don't have. They are hybrid IT positions.

I am so scared of some of the online schools that I wanted to check with my astute brethren.

Thanks for any replies.

N2, SCM is mostly a functional (non-technical) endeavor. What you are looking for, presumably, is an MBA with an IT Management focus on Enterprise Resource Planning that will discuss SCM.

Rutgers (it doesn't offer an online program, unfortunately, but just using this as an example), offers both an Information Technology MBA AND an Supply Chain Management MBA. However for the IT MBA, you do have two ERP courses that emphasizes ERP with SAP/SCM that you can take as part of your electives for that concentration.

You can look at this for an example:

http://rbs-staging.rutgers.edu/files/2009ptmanagementscienceandinformationsystems.pdf

(No way am I suggesting you move out east for an MBA...lol...just listing it as an example of what you should be looking for either for online or perhaps a B&M offering in Missourah [I like how you guys pronounce your state..lol])

I did do some homework and there are offerings in the online space for Supply Chain/ERP MBAs with and without an IT focus...but you will have to sift through the literal crap. Rutgers is so far a top choice to continue my education, as well as maybe NJIT. I might have to take Calculus 1/2 at some point outside of WGU to get me in Rutgers....I figure if at one point some hoodlums from Los Angeles could learn Calculus by playing tic-tac-toe (I hate that movie btw), surely I can at least get a B in it (I'd need at least that much...don't think a C will cut it).

Hopefully this helps.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    erpadmin wrote: »
    N2, SCM is mostly a functional (non-technical) endeavor. What you are looking for, presumably, is an MBA with an IT Management focus on Enterprise Resource Planning that will discuss SCM.

Rutgers (it doesn't offer an online program, unfortunately, but just using this as an example), offers bother an Information Technology MBA AND an Supply Chain Management MBA. However for the IT MBA, you do have two ERP courses that emphasizes ERP with SAP/SCM that you can take as part of your electives for that concentration.

You can look at this for an example:

http://rbs-staging.rutgers.edu/files/2009ptmanagementscienceandinformationsystems.pdf

(No way am I suggesting you move out east for an MBA...lol...just listing it as an example of what you should be looking for either for online or perhaps a B&M offering in Missourah [I like how you guys pronounce your state..lol])

I did do some homework and there are offerings in the online space for Supply Chain/ERP MBAs with and without an IT focus...but you will have to sift through the literal crap. Rutgers is so far a top choice to continue my education, as well as maybe NJIT. I might have to take Calculus 1/2 at some point outside of WGU to get me in Rutgers....I figure if at one point some hoodlums from Los Angeles could learn Calculus by playing tic-tac-toe (I hate that movie btw), surely I can at least get a B in it (I'd need at least that much...don't think a C will cut it).

Hopefully this helps.

It really does help out a lot. I am trying to get into SCM and ERP mainly SAP. I also want to get my MBA, but not the conventional one. I am looking to have the material drill into ERP's heavily.

These are obviously longer term goals to help pave my future.

My current ones are making more money and for me that means getting more support certifications and finding new support jobs. Hopefully ones that allow me to learn a specialized technology. Example Sys Admin, Network Admin, Decision Support, Etc