some kind of analyst position, somewhere between help desk and support
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Best of luck, Mike!
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i put down Mr. Agent as a reference, I said, "he's big time over at Microsoft" that should make it a solid deal
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Haha... I wish. The biggest factors for me getting into the finals I think has been my clearance first and my willingness to learn.
    So how did the interview go?
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck and dress right.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    I wore a suit, I was there for over two hours, had 3 sets of 2 people at a time interviewing me, and then I shadowed an analyst for awhile....

seems like it would be really good experience for the resume... i assume christmas and new year's is slowing down the hiring process, so we'll see what happens, but i hope to hear something soon....

they actually seemed more excited by my HDI cert than any of the others...
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Any updates?

I was getting ready to ask the same thing.
    ha, I just poo-poo'ed this in another thread and then got a call.... I have a job... tentative start date of Jan 10th... originally said it was $16 an hour, they offered me it at $18 an hour

here's the careerbuilder ad:

Employee Type:
    Contractor
    Industry: Internet - ECommerce
    Insurance

Manages Others: No

Job Type: Information Technology

Education: High School

Experience: At least 2 year(s)

Travel: None

Post Date: 12/14/2010

Contact Information
    Ref ID: Support Analyst

Description
    Our client, a global leader in technology and insurance is seeking a SUPPORT ANALYST to join their global service desk. Analysts with the Global Service Desk provide high quality technical and procedural assistance with all aspects of technology in a large-scale cross company environment. As the face of technology, you operate as the colleague interface for all problems, requests, and feedback related to employee and client usage of systems. Analysts are involved in diagnosis, troubleshooting, resolution and escalation of various areas of hardware and software problems.

The Service Desk supports 55,000 employees world-wide. Successful analysts must be able to effectively communicate and provide service while maintaining a high level of technical skills. This position is a long-term contract opportunity with medical and dental benefits available after 6 weeks. This is a very team centered environment that does what it takes to get the job done!!

Job Duties:

--First point of contact for all colleagues on any technology related process, application or device.
    --Perform first level technical support by diagnosing, resolving and/or escalating various hardware and software issues.
    --Develop strong partnerships to gather and share knowledge with team members, colleagues and other technical groups.
    --Responsible for ownership of issues through resolution, regardless of resolver. Utilize strong interpersonal and technical skill sets in career growth oriented environment.
    --Installs, maintain and troubleshoot hardware and software according to company standards.
    --Reconfigure existing systems and/or performs system upgrades as required.
    --Log all issues with appropriate documentation as requested by Level II and III support teams.
    --Route calls to appropriate support teams as per described troubleshooting steps.
    --Monitor and escalate issues until resolution, closure or the appropriate group has accepted.

Requirements Qualifications:

--Minimum of 2 years experience with support of computer hardware and software.
    --Very strong written and oral skills as well as interpersonal communications skills.
    --Must be able to multi-task and be customer centric.
    --Must be very good at de-escalation, strong customer service skills and a winning attitude!
    --Prefer a minimum of one year with Active Directory (group policy, administration, support).
    --Must feel comfortable supporting Windows 2000, XP and Outlook.
    --Citrix experience preferred.
    --User level AS400 or HP 3000 experience is a plus.
    --A+ or Net + preferred.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    ha, I just poo-poo'ed this in another thread and then got a call.... I have a job... tentative start date of Jan 10th... originally said it was $16 an hour, they offered me it at $18 an hour

here's the careerbuilder ad:

Employee Type:
    Contractor
    Industry: Internet - ECommerce
    Insurance

Manages Others: No

Job Type: Information Technology

Education: High School

Experience: At least 2 year(s)

Travel: None

Post Date: 12/14/2010

Contact Information
    Ref ID: Support Analyst

Description
    Our client, a global leader in technology and insurance is seeking a SUPPORT ANALYST to join their global service desk. Analysts with the Global Service Desk provide high quality technical and procedural assistance with all aspects of technology in a large-scale cross company environment. As the face of technology, you operate as the colleague interface for all problems, requests, and feedback related to employee and client usage of systems. Analysts are involved in diagnosis, troubleshooting, resolution and escalation of various areas of hardware and software problems.

The Service Desk supports 55,000 employees world-wide. Successful analysts must be able to effectively communicate and provide service while maintaining a high level of technical skills. This position is a long-term contract opportunity with medical and dental benefits available after 6 weeks. This is a very team centered environment that does what it takes to get the job done!!

Job Duties:

--First point of contact for all colleagues on any technology related process, application or device.
    --Perform first level technical support by diagnosing, resolving and/or escalating various hardware and software issues.
    --Develop strong partnerships to gather and share knowledge with team members, colleagues and other technical groups.
    --Responsible for ownership of issues through resolution, regardless of resolver. Utilize strong interpersonal and technical skill sets in career growth oriented environment.
    --Installs, maintain and troubleshoot hardware and software according to company standards.
    --Reconfigure existing systems and/or performs system upgrades as required.
    --Log all issues with appropriate documentation as requested by Level II and III support teams.
    --Route calls to appropriate support teams as per described troubleshooting steps.
    --Monitor and escalate issues until resolution, closure or the appropriate group has accepted.

Requirements Qualifications:

--Minimum of 2 years experience with support of computer hardware and software.
    --Very strong written and oral skills as well as interpersonal communications skills.
    --Must be able to multi-task and be customer centric.
    --Must be very good at de-escalation, strong customer service skills and a winning attitude!
    --Prefer a minimum of one year with Active Directory (group policy, administration, support).
    --Must feel comfortable supporting Windows 2000, XP and Outlook.
    --Citrix experience preferred.
    --User level AS400 or HP 3000 experience is a plus.
    --A+ or Net + preferred.

Awesome Mike!

AS400 and HP3000

You'll be killing back ups and restreaming listeners! Just make sure you don't kill them when special jobs or updates are running! ;)
    N2IT wrote: »
    Awesome Mike!

AS400 and HP3000

You'll be killing back ups and restreaming listeners! Just make sure you don't kill them when special jobs or updates are running! ;)

embarassingly I have no idea what that means icon_redface.gif

I jumped at this opportunity because it seemed like an amazing learning opportunity for me...

apparently I interviewed really well, they liked my educational background and 9 years with a giant like AT&T looks pretty good too
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    embarassingly I have no idea what that means icon_redface.gif

I jumped at this opportunity because it seemed like an amazing learning opportunity for me...

apparently I interviewed really well, they liked my educational background and 9 years with a giant like AT&T looks pretty good too

It's just AS400 and HP3000 speak. They are older mid range servers that are still used in some financial and manufacturing environments.

I actually did a lot of support of these systems at my very first IT job with the DOD. We used a Rumba emulator to interface with these servers. I thought it was fun when I did it. Believe it or not I am still supporting RS6000's, HP3000's, and AS400's. I can't get away from them! lol
    Congrats man! Youre going to learn a lot!
    Hopefully Ill be reporting on Tuesday that I got my final offer from FusionIO.
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOW! I applied for that same position, and never received a call back. Thats cool though, I just got a job offer with a data center in Louisville.
    hey that's cool, where's the data center? you can PM me if you don't wanna post it publicly.. if you upgrade your CCENT to a CCNA this company I got an offer with would have a spot for you
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the new job!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63