Options

Will the rest of CompTIA certifications remain lifetime for January 2011?

r00tb33rr00tb33r Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
So like many I've read this:
CompTIA Certification Renewal
But it doesn't really tell me the status of other certifications I'm interested in like Linux+, Server+ and Project+.
I've read in a couple places that "others" are unaffected, but I just want someone to verify that the ones I'm going for will remain on current policy.
I've been trying to reach CompTIA over the past two days over the phone without much luck. I guess they all bailed for vacation or something, can't blame them for that.
Let me know :)

Comments

• Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe the Linux+ is based upon the LPIC framework now, so it would follow their renewal status (which I believe is every 5 years?)
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I can't speak for Linux+, but the "main three" (A+, Network+ and Security+) are the only ones that have the ISO requirement of renewing every three years (the same requirement that dictate PMP and CISSP to renew every three years as well). Project+ would have been lifetime whether I took it now or in 1/2011.

The rumor is that the rest of the CompTIA certs might get slated for non-lifetime status at some point but right now it's not on the table. Again, it's rumor and speculation...but the fact is, it's just the main three that will have the requirement for right now.