Options

Passed 298, now a MCSE

I passed my 70-298 with a 737 today. I scored a couple questions short of strong in all the sections but Creating the Conceptual Design for Network Infrastructure Security by Gathering and Analyzing Business and Technical Requirements. I scored a little above Needs Improvement there. It was weird that I did bad in that one area, but I did very well on the others.

Comments

• Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Congrats man - quite an accomplishment!
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    I passed my 70-298 with a 737 today. I scored a couple questions short of strong in all the sections but Creating the Conceptual Design for Network Infrastructure Security by Gathering and Analyzing Business and Technical Requirements. I scored a little above Needs Improvement there. It was weird that I did bad in that one area, but I did very well on the others.

Awesome job!!!

One more left. Wow that will be a great accomplishment!
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Thanks guys. I'm planning to do the 299, MCSE Messaging Specialization (284/285), and then convert to MCITP. Good luck with y'all's preperations.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the achievement. It's a great addition to the resume.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the accomplishment!
    You've done a lot this past year.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the achievement and the spectacular year you've been having!!
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! the 298 is a tough exam.
  • Options
    TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Congratz on the pass and achieving MCSE!
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!

Sooo, what material did you use? Any advice? Everyone is dying to know... (okay, just me) icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    snadam wrote: »
    congrats!

Sooo, what material did you use? Any advice? Everyone is dying to know... (okay, just me) icon_cool.gif

I used the MSPress books for the 680, 290, 291, 293, 294, and 299. I also used CBTNuggets for the 290, 291, 293, 294, and 299. I used the Sybex book for the 298. I also used practice tests from Ucertify for the 293, 294, 298, and 299 and Transcenders for the 290 and 291. I also used the measureup tests in the MSPress books. I also set up a home lab consisting of 2 DCs and a client and did most of the exercises in the book. I also used some of the practice tests on proprofs.com, technet, *********, the MegaGuides from Preplogic, and other peoples study notes from the forum here.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, on both passing the exam and your new status as MCSE. Looks like you've had a very good year in certs. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Yeah, CONGRATS on the pass and the cert! Looks like it's been a fast ( time wise, lol ) year for you to get all of those done. Good luck on the upgrade.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    motogpman wrote: »
    Yeah, CONGRATS on the pass and the cert! Looks like it's been a fast ( time wise, lol ) year for you to get all of those done. Good luck on the upgrade.

Thanks I studied a hour or two at night and hit it some on the weekends. I also spent time early in each book labbing as I went along.
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    how many pages would you read in this hour or two; just curious?
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    pizzaboy wrote: »
    how many pages would you read in this hour or two; just curious?

I'm not sure pages. I usually got through a chapter or so in a hour. I've been working with Windows and computers for 8 years full time, and I have a Batchelors in Computer Science.
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    I'm not sure pages. I usually got through a chapter or so in a hour. I've been working with Windows and computers for 8 years full time, and I have a Batchelors in Computer Science.

Congrads meng!! wish you the best