Options

The Books V The Videos

DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I just wanted to note that i use bothe books and video material in my studys
but I noticed the books seem to go into more detail and be more complex harder to understand than the video materials the videos make things a lot more simpler and easyer to understand. They are less complex so either the videos are not giving you enough information or the exams are at the same level as the videos and the books are just going far too much ahead of the real exam. My gut feeling is that the books are more like the real exam and the video are only scratching the surface.
Agree/Disagree?

Comments

• Options
    TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    I think that's the same with any book versus a video. It's possible to make a video just as detailed as a book, but it would be very time consuming and not to mention costly converting a lengthy text book into a video. I do agree videos make things easier to learn and understand, but it's less strenuous for an author to get a complex and detailed point across through a book rather than through a video. I guess the exception is with audio e-books. But videos are generally for demonstration purposes, examples and labs, or to demonstrate things that need to be seen to get a grasp of how it works.

But as for learning in general, read the book and watch the video if possible. If only one is possible, then get the book.
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....