Options

CCENT Exam Environment

Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
I am doing the final steps in studying for my ccent and I am wanting to make my practice environment as close to the real thing as possible... The pearson Vue site states that "The testing center will provide you with a laminated marker board for your use during testing." I'm assuming that this is just a dry erase board... does anyone know how big it is or if they give you a fine tip dry erase marker or a fat tip?

Do the testing rooms have windows or are they more like a jail cell? Haha... i'm just kinda curious about that icon_smile.gif

Comments

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    My dry erase paper was legal sized and laminated. It wasn't a fat tipped marker but it wasn't fine tipped either. I honestly didn't memory **** as much info as I thought I would before the test onto that board. I really only used it for subnet calculations. Both tests were in a room without windows for me. HTH
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Did they give you any kind of eraser with it?
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I honestly can't remember. Maybe a paper towel or the pen had an erase on the other side.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Greenmet29 wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Did they give you any kind of eraser with it?

I didn't get anything to erase with. It didn't matter though, as the board was erasable in name only. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would find the testing center you will be taking the CCENT from and go there and check it out or call them.

Checking them out will:

1. Make sure you know how to get there before your test, so you're on time.
    2. Get you familiar with your surroundings and help you judge if this is the place I feel comfortable in.
    3. You can ask questions and see what kind of material they provide for you.
  • Options
    alan2308 wrote: »
    I didn't get anything to erase with. It didn't matter though, as the board was erasable in name only. icon_rolleyes.gif

So it wasn't a dry erase board? Hmmm....
  • Options
    hermeszdatahermeszdata Member Posts: 225
    IRONMONKUS wrote: »
    I would find the testing center you will be taking the CCENT from and go there and check it out or call them.

Checking them out will:

1. Make sure you know how to get there before your test, so you're on time.
    2. Get you familiar with your surroundings and help you judge if this is the place I feel comfortable in.
    3. You can ask questions and see what kind of material they provide for you.

Good suggestion! Tomorrow, I may just go by the center I am scheduled at for a Pre-Test Tour (if they will give one)! I an scheduled for this Thursday and have been fretting over the environment issue for some time. Maybe a trip over will resolve that issue.
    John
    Current Progress:
    Studying:
    CCNA Security - 60%, CCNA Wireless - 80%, ROUTE - 10% (Way behind due to major Wireless Project)
    Exams Passed:
    CCNA - 640-802 - 17 Jan 2011 -- CVOICE v6 - 642-436 - 28 Feb 2011
    2011 Goals
    CCNP/CCNP:Voice
  • Options
    Pratt2Pratt2 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's a laminated piece of paper. You get what looks like a dry erase marker. However, you cannot actually erase anything you write. The admins have some solution they use to erase the board when you are finished with the exam.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    you can wipe off the marker pretty easy with your finger, no big deal
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    In my testing center we get a legal sized wet erase paper that you can use both sides on. However, they don't give you anything to erase with and if you want a new one they take your old one.

I have never had to use it for anything other than simple calculations and subnetting. I never had a need for more than one paper. You are entering a testing environment that many people have been through, and were able to pass the exam with the materials provided for them. I have never heard anyone complain about anything other than a computer malfunction.
    If you like a bunch of black/red/blue color on your fingers I suppose you could do that =p.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    VAHokie56 wrote: »

yep I made the mistake of putting my subnet chart on the bottom of the paper and kept accidentally wiping numbers off with my shirt!!

You could use both sides but I didn't need to erase anything or use the reverse side.
  • Options
    this doesn't have to do with the environment of the testing facility so much as it has to do with the test, but, on the sims, are you required to save the modified config? Every second counts icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I saw a guy taking a Cisco exam when I took my A+ exam. He was using a laminated piece of paper like everyone else is saying.

How fast are you now with the problems on subnetting.org? I've just today gotten to where I can do the problems correctly icon_lol.gif

When are you scheduled for?
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    I'm going in saturday @ 1:00. I have no problem with subnetting, it's practically 2nd nature to me. It's the basic things that kill me. I took another practice exam today and, finally passed, but got a question wrong about cabling. I didn't realize that you need to use a straight thru cable between a switch and AP. I do now though, and if I get that on the test I know i'll get it right icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Good stuff, you really do seem very well prepared. Good luck on Saturday!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.