Options

Microsoft E-Learning

SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anybody used this? if so what are they like? are they good and worth the money? more specifically aswell has anybody used it for the 70-647 exam?

Comments

• Options
    ricky0481ricky0481 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used them because i got access for free (work vouchers) and i really would not pay for them.... the labs sometimes works and when it does it can be very slow. They can give overview but i would not used them as my primary study source. i ended up buying the MS Press training kit with the help of technet to study for the 640.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    +1 to what ricky0481 said. The labs are slow and cannot be the primary source of learning. Technet is usually the best source of information for Microsoft topics.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    fishwalkerfishwalker Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They're a piece of junk and your time would be better spent anywhere else. You would think that MS would have some of the best training materials available, but these look and feel like e-training from the 80's
  • Options
    SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all your opinions. I think i will stay away from these and stick with the ms press book as this is what i usually use for my study

Thanks again for the response
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I do believe all those Microsoft e-learning courses are element-k. I've sampled quite a bit of the Microsoft offerings including all of the mcdst courses and bits and pieces of a number of other courses. I have access to many of the courses covering various vendors as a part of the IEEE and ACM memberships I have. Some of the are pretty good some are terrible but most are somewhere in the middle. All in all I don't think it's worth the risk to spend the money. You never know what you are going to get for instance the ICND1 stuff from element k was decent I went through the entire course the ICND2 course is terrible.

The Windows server 2008 courses I've sampled are ok but I doubt they are worth the money.