Options

General Project+ Question

TNT143TNT143 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone! Is the Project+ exam something that can be taken independently? Meaning, do you need any of the other certs like the Microsoft ones?

I didn't see anything on the website stating so. Do any other exams give you insight or are helpful?

I'm thinking of taking this after Sec+, but wanted to be sure it was a good move.

Thanks!
WIP
Project+
MS: Info. Sys Mgt/Info Security

:thumbup: Achieved
Security+
ITIL Foundations v3

Comments

• Options
    shaX 07shaX 07 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TNT143 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Is the Project+ exam something that can be taken independently? Meaning, do you need any of the other certs like the Microsoft ones?

I didn't see anything on the website stating so. Do any other exams give you insight or are helpful?

I'm thinking of taking this after Sec+, but wanted to be sure it was a good move.

Thanks!

There are no official prerequisites for the Project+ or any other CompTIA certification exam.
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
    Vendor Certs: Epic Client Systems Management, Epic Client Systems Management w/ Hyperspace Web
    College: B.S. - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As shaX stated, there is no prerequisite for this certification. That said, Project+ is completely unlike any of the other common CompTIA certs--it has almost nothing to do with anything technical. It is completely focused and centered around project management strategies, policies, and practices. That being the case, there is no other CompTIA courses to take that will "build up" to Project+, as might be the case with having A+ before taking N+, etc., so feel free to tackle it any time you feel up to slogging through the relatively boring content. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    TNT143TNT143 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the insight!
    WIP
    Project+
    MS: Info. Sys Mgt/Info Security

:thumbup: Achieved
    Security+
    ITIL Foundations v3