Options

Do you like being micromanged?

laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214

(ie. everything you do is monitored. they will find every little mistake)

Don't you hate this feeling? They point out every minor mistake and makes you feel like crap? Everything is recorded - web surfing, phone calls, breaks, sign-in/sign-out forms, etc

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    One of the places I worked did it to a random sample at random times, I think only once or twice a year. They would send out warnings to those caught goofing off and the people caught would talk, rumors would spread and it caused the desired result people would stop goofing off. Then a few months later the cycle would repeat itself
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    I think I'm glad I'm finally high enough on the totem pole that its no longer an issue.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    laptop wrote: »

Don't you hate this feeling? They point out every minor mistake and makes you feel like crap? Everything is recorded - web surfing, phone calls, breaks, sign-in/sign-out forms, etc

What do you think?

Gee, that sounds like a help desk job right there. Of course i've found a good rule of thumb is as long as you're doing your job and doing it well, there is usually more leeway with what they overlook.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    laptop wrote: »

What do you think?

I had a couple jobs like that early in my career, like others have said, as you move up you get a bit more freedom. You may develop good habits in a big brother environment, if you do, make sure you keep em when you have more freedom.
  • Options
    ODNationODNation Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The first two years at my current job (been here six years), my IT manager (who still is my IT manager) would micromanage the hell out of me. I had to work my tail off those two years to gain his respect and most importantly... his trust. These days... I do what I want, how I want, when I want... he trusts me with every piece of equipment we have and trusts any ideas that I have.

So it sucked at first... but the hard work paid off