Options

Problem with Wireless

NullCodeNullCode Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

So after implementing 3 LAP with a WLC and WCS i now have a problem. All APs broadcast the correct SSIDs.
So i have 3 SSIDs:
SSID1
SSID2
SSID3

The problems is that i get the SSIDs 9 times.(I mean 3 SSDI1, 3 SSID2, 3 SSID3), any ideea why this happens ?
I am kinda new with this, any hint would be grateful.
I am missing something here.

Btw, i am using WCS.

Comments

• Options
    tndfrtndfr Member Posts: 110
    NullCode wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

So after implementing 3 LAP with a WLC and WCS i now have a problem. All APs broadcast the correct SSIDs.
    So i have 3 SSIDs:
    SSID1
    SSID2
    SSID3

The problems is that i get the SSIDs 9 times.(I mean 3 SSDI1, 3 SSID2, 3 SSID3), any ideea why this happens ?
    I am kinda new with this, any hint would be grateful.
    I am missing something here.

Btw, i am using WCS.
    not an expert but from what you said it sounds like it is a feature as opposed to a misconfiguration, when you think about, you want to have coverage between all 3 APs so if you are connected to SSID1 you roam through all APs without getting disconnected.
    Working on CCNP 642-813 and finishing off MCSA.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tndfr wrote: »
    not an expert but from what you said it sounds like it is a feature as opposed to a misconfiguration, when you think about, you want to have coverage between all 3 APs so if you are connected to SSID1 you roam through all APs without getting disconnected.

Also not a wireless expert, but I don't think the logical configuration of a SSID has anything to do with the physical topology of its coverage area. Roaming shouldn't have anything to do with that, I'm pretty sure.

Is this happening on all three LAPs? I never learned much more than how to get WAP's to communicate on a switched network, but if you are using the WLC to configure them I would assume it has something to do with a configuration on them, if it it happening on all three LAPs. Sorry if that did not help much.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    NullCodeNullCode Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys, i figured it out.
    The thing is that normally it should not appear 9 times, even though you have them near you.
    But they were using a program that showed all of them. They were not using a standard windows.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The thing is that normally it should not appear 9 times, even though you have them near you.
    But they were using a program that showed all of them. They were not using a standard windows.

Oh it was showing up like that on just one user? Well there's your problem =) Good job.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Thats normal. Each of your APs has its own BSSID but all share the same SSID. Your OS will normally hide the fact there are multiple BSSIDs since they're all broadcasting the same SSID.