Options

What can you take out of a close call or close calls?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Recently I have had some decent opportunities come up but I am barely missing out. One was a sys admin position, and the other have been data, business, functional, and application analyst. Mostly BA type positions.

I have the SQL, I have Excel and Access, I have some real world experience, but I keep coming up short. I guess if I would look at it like a half glass full guy, I would see that I am knocking on the door and will break through one of these times.

Anyone going through something similiar?

I am currently employed and get paid well while dealing with a lot of popular technologies, like SCCM, SAP, Peoplesoft, and Cognos.

Comments

• Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    I know that story all so well- I think most of us here do :) Just as you said, gotta keep knockin on the doors!!

One thing a friend/coworker told me that I have grown to live by tremendously is that.. if it is meant to be, it will happen. I kind of blew this off last time I was passed over for a job. But looking back... it was so true. I am so thankful I didn't get any of the jobs I interviewed for, because the was I just landed has me more excited than any of them.

Keep at it buddy!
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    I know that story all so well- I think most of us here do :) Just as you said, gotta keep knockin on the doors!!

One thing a friend/coworker told me that I have grown to live by tremendously is that.. if it is meant to be, it will happen. I kind of blew this off last time I was passed over for a job. But looking back... it was so true. I am so thankful I didn't get any of the jobs I interviewed for, because the was I just landed has me more excited than any of them.

Keep at it buddy!

Thanks brother I appreciate the quick and thoughtful response.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    You say close call, which means you got an interview - but not the job? Have you noticed any common skill or qualification they are seeking that you don't have?

Way to go not being a defeatist, I like the thread title. icon_thumright.gif
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    ehnde wrote: »
    You say close call, which means you got an interview - but not the job? Have you noticed any common skill or qualification they are seeking that you don't have?

Way to go not being a defeatist, I like the thread title. icon_thumright.gif

Phone interviews and in person. I have 3 this week in person. 2 of them I really really want, Data mart and Data Warehouse analyst the other is a help desk 2 position, but it pays over 60. In my area those usually don't go for more than 45 lol. I have to at least check it out.