Throwing my resume out for critique

Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
I need to get rid/change my objective but wondering how others feel about it. Appreciate any advice.

edit: formatting under first job got butchered a little when changing info. Job Should be aligned left and location aligned right.

Comments

• shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    Objective can go. I'd suggest finding a way to get it all on 1 page. Having a 2nd page that's only 1/3rd full looks bad. Also the personal qualities are just fluff and don't really show anything. The bullet points switch between past and present tense. There's also a lot of bullets, at first glance it looks like a wall of text and I didn't really want to read it all. Adding a skills section might be a good idea. Also change Comptia to CompTIA.
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Resumes are professional documents, so save your personality for the interview. ;)
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    Alrighty here.

First off, get rid of the objective. People that see your resume already know your looking for a job!

Make it a summary and remove the personal qualities and incorporate that into your summary in about 2-3 sentances, blending your personal and technical skills together

Next underneath the summary put your education and certs, I would move the Comptia certs to the bottom of the list and move the Microsoft ones to the top.

Your job experience section is pretty decent. I wouldnt change that section around much.

Other than that the overall format/temlate that you used looks sort of plain.

Make those changes and you should be good!
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide