Options

Will take the exam next Tuesday

khpchankhpchan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'll take the 270 exam on next Tuesday. I purchased a EXAMCRAM book (hope not examCRAP) and planned to study in the weekend. Any advice/recommendation are welcome.

My background is a PC tech with 4+ years of work experience. Proficient on hardware, Windows 95/98. Some NT. Some 2000. Few XP. Very knowledgable on file systems, but always mess up with the security, groups & users policy. Hate to memorize those command switches that you almost never use. I really don't know why one would like to memorize that. You could always use the /? switch.

Thanks in advance. (Don't want to repay that $115!)

Anyone got good links for exam vouchers? I am going for an MCSA and perhaps MCSE in the short-to-medium term.

Comments

• Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Do you honestly think one weekend is sufficient study time for an exam, even though you have years of experience. Best to you on the exam icon_lol.gif
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i thought the examcram was good when i studied for a+. but like cross said, unless you have a lot of experience with an operating system, one weekend is probably not enough time to learn it properly.

good luck though.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    khpchankhpchan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_cool.gif Just passed it yesterday.

It was much harder than I anticipated, and I don't know why my version focus more on domain security or policy than anything else (at least 80% of the questions). Something's wrong with the test software, perhaps, but I don't know why would someone need to know what you should setup on AD in Windows 2000 server when this exam only says administer, install and whatever on Windows XP Prof.

But anyways, don't use the ExamPrep book if you have less than 1 year of experience in a DOMAIN/AD environment. It should named ExamCRAP!!!