Options

Masters in aerospace or try job after bachelors degree in aerospace?

AaliyanAaliyan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi friends please help me wether is it good to try for job after bachelors or to continue with masters.I am currently doing bachelors aerospace russia planing to do masters in australia.Since the current recession is bad wat do u ppl suggest.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the site!! If I were you, I'd look for work after the Bachelor's degree, getting a Master's doesnt improve your chances too much, atleast not in Australia. Besides, what you'll study in the Master's will make more sense after you have worked in the field for a while. This really is an IT forum, so not too many people can provide aerospace industry-specific advice. Hope this helps!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    In my opinion, you get a masters degree for a specific purpose. Unless you are looking at something like a teaching or research position, it won't do much for you until you have been out in the real world for awhile.

My research has indicated that in most areas, MS applicants with no experience don't have a huge advantage over a BS candidate for the same entry level position (which is what you get with no experience.) In some cases its a disadvantage because there is often the same on the job learning curve required but the MS will probably want more money.

The aerospace industry may be one of the exceptions to the above statement. You would have to do your own research in that regard.

As an example, I have my BS in IT and am considering getting an MBA to open a door into management. An MS in IT would not open that same door. In fact, it would do very little for me at this point in my career.