Options

C|eh 7

Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
Greetings,

Clement over on cccure.org just posted about V7 of C|EH coming out later this year. He says it will be MUCH improved and updated. I love the guy and what he does for the community, but I generally always come here for C|EH news and info.

So my question is, have any of you esteemed ladies and gents heard anything about the new version... like when will it be available, when will it be mandatory and what the changes will entail? He did say the price was going up to $300. OUCH!... will it be worth it?

I was just about ready to jump in to v6.1 but now I don't know what to do.

I greatly anticipate your responses.

Thanks for reading and Peace...

Mr. Ye
"What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    There is a new major release of the CEH exam every 18-24 months. The previous release of the exam is usually available for 12 months after the new release. If I were starting to study for the CEH right now, I would go for CEHv6 and use all of the available study material and advice that has proven to work for passing CEHv6. It will be some time before enough reviews of CEHv7 appear to get an idea of how "improved" CEHv7 is.

Also look to www.ethicalhacker.net for CEH news and reviews.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    There is a new major release of the CEH exam every 18-24 months. The previous release of the exam is usually available for 12 months after the new release. If I were starting to study for the CEH right now, I would go for CEHv6 and use all of the available study material and advice that has proven to work for passing CEHv6. It will be some time before enough reviews of CEHv7 appear to get an idea of how "improved" CEHv7 is.

Also look to www.ethicalhacker.net for CEH news and reviews.

You will be able to do CEH 6 for 6 months after CEH 7's release according to EC-Council. I called them yesterday to confirm this.

This gives me time to do it in May.
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can maintain your CEH with ECEs so just keep up with the industry and get studying.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    Thanks for the info, folks. I'm not getting any younger or prettier, so I think I'll just get after it right now! - and save myself 50 bucks to boot!

Peace,

Mr. Ye
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.