Options

QoS Exam

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
I am sure this has been answered already but I can't find a thread if it has.

I find myself watching CBTnuggets for he QoS exam while studying for my CCNP: Switch exam. I was just thinking this wasn't too bad and I might be able to pass this exam before next month. Just curious, can I apply the QoS exam to the CCNP: Voice. Or do I have to have all the old exams done before end of Feb for it to count?

Per my understanding I can do either QoS 642-642 or CAPPS toward my CCNP: Voice as long as QoS was done in Feb.

Thanks in advance,
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Per my understanding I can do either QoS 642-642 or CAPPS toward my CCNP: Voice as long as QoS was done in Feb.

Thanks in advance,

Correct.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Perfect! Thanks.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccvp/62550-new-ccnp-voice-february-28th-2011-a.html

I had the same question, so i decided to give a go this week end and finish the book!
    I JUST finished ;)

The nuggets are goods for clearing the concepts but i don't think it's enough to nail the exam. But a good review of them before the exam will be good !! :)

Good luck to you if you go for it in February, we'll probably share our experience togheter later!
  • Options
    After getting most of the way through the nuggets I just had too many questions, even at just layer 2. So I won't make Feb on this sadly. The first few videos just got my hopes up, haha.

Oh well. Learned a lot today.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At the first look, QoS is very confusing!
    Especially when you learn all the layer 3 concepts and different marking options, queueing types, buckets and then, you get into the layer 2, with different naming....who mean almost the same thing. :S
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Nuggets wont do the job at all for the test.. it falls very very short. Nuggets are A detailed summary.

for the test, i used the cisco press, nuggets and of course, home lab. Its true, some things over lap but for the most part, its all about customization per site, and @ the access switch layer, just auto qos it, unless you need to specifically tweak it.