Options

Failed N+

sxiboysxiboy Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got 580 icon_cry.gif needed 646

Didn't realise how much there would be on netware and appletalk, unix etc. I was scoring 90% + here and on mcmsce.

Really disapointed, cost me £146 UK pounds aswell.

Do the tech exams questions (ones for sale) include alot of Network Support and Installation Questions?...

Guna try and redo the exam next week if i feel confident enough.

Comments

• Options
    error0error0 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what kind of questions did you get about appletalk and unix, was there alot of questions on those. im takeing it next week.
  • Options
    sansociesansocie Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You were real close on that one.Wish you luck on the next try. I run every free test I can & two of the "PAY" to use.Testing for CCNA soon.
    Have passed A+, Net+ this way. Make sure you are hitting 90-95% everytime ( maybe 5-10 times in a row )before you retake the test. Seems if it is not a Microsoft test you will get hit with a lot of non-MS questions. My guess is CompTIA feels most of us use widows so hit the soft spot.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    sansocie wrote:
    My guess is CompTIA feels most of us use widows so hit the soft spot.

Hope this helps.

Your very right there... Not much on MS stuff at all. I was really pushed for time towards the end. Its quite a difficult exam if you''ve never touched unix or netware etc...

error0- Questions about interoperability and stuff like that...
    one after another- prob 50% of the test related to non MS stuff.

Well gota go learn now.... icon_sad.gif ........
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I honestly say, that if you pay the lousy 6.95, and read those Technotes, you will pass. I used them, and passed, and do not of anyone who used them and failed. Very worth the investment. Good luck next time!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Hopefully, you are working with networks or have a lab to run through some of the areas you didn't feel as strong in.

Did you read through any books before you took your test? If not, the notes here look very good as well as Meyers passport and large book.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Technotes. I murdered the exam with the free version.
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    Yea, I read the Sybex Network+ Book, which was terrible inadequite(sp?). I failed the exam using just that. Then I went through the Free Net+ technotes here and passed with a High Score. :D

Gawd
  • Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just sat my N+ 2 weeks ago and got 646, talk about cuttin it close.. Thought I was doin much better, I got alot of Scenerio questions. I had that Sybex book too, didnt think too much off it either. I used the technotes, you just can't go wrong with them.
  • Options
    Cheers for replies, I'll nail it next time.
    prometric site isn't letting me scheduele a new exam date yet!!

I'm guna study the tech notes like mad...
    What I really need aswell though is some practice questions on Implementation and Support. - This is what had me tearing my hair out in the exam. I think I had a really rough set of questions to be honest.

Can't afford to retake it for a 3rd time so Im guna go for it with these tech notes!