Options

7921 Stuck at Cisco Logo Screen

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
I have opened a TAC case but the person has been less than responsive (I'll just do an RMA in the future...). The 7921 was functioning properly, but the end user then reported that the phone is stuck at its cisco logo screen (The screen that displays before it fully boots). Any documentation that I have found from cisco about this is outdated and directs me to documents that dont exist anymore.

Has anyone seen an issue with this and resolved it? The receptionist thinks it is the end of the world not having this phone working.

PS:
All of my other backup wireless phones are broken too... fantastic.
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    JollycorkJollycork Member Posts: 149
    then sounds like the AP for them is down...

if it was just 1 phone then I would think it's with the phone itself.

from what little I know, the wireless phones look for a TFTP for phone loads and also look for the CM to register to just like the wired ones do and if they can't find em... they sit at the Cisco logo screen with the words registering simply sitting there at the bottom of the screen.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Jollycork wrote: »
    then sounds like the AP for them is down...

if it was just 1 phone then I would think it's with the phone itself.

It is blinking right above my head, and it is actually been all separate issues with each phone. It was a good thought though.
    Jollycork wrote: »
    from what little I know, the wireless phones look for a TFTP to register to just like the wired ones do and if they can't find em... they sit at the Cisco logo screen with the words registering simply sitting there at the bottom of the screen.

With the 7921's as far as I have experienced, should the phone not be able to authenticate it will go into its main screen with only the settings option able to be used, this is to allow you to fix the authentication issue or troubleshoot further. This 7921 sits at the logo screen, and reboots constantly.

Thanks though =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.