Options

Interview - 2 tests

dangtran09dangtran09 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
1 is for personality and other is technical.

has anyone experience a personality test? if so, please provide some feedback. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Back in my retail days, I had some but in the form of an online form; in any case, just be honest.

What type of personality "interview" is it? Is it some sort of social gathering at the work place or is it some automated form to fill out on the internet?

If its the latter and you find yourself answering "Strongly agree" to things like "I hate people in general" you might want to look for a different job type :P
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    I did a online personality test for one potential job. They had me answer personality questions and had some IQ test type analytical, math, and language questions. A personality type interview would ask you what you would do in particular situations and see how you would react. They might also ask for how you've dealt with different scenarios in the past.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've taken a personality test for my current job and it was just for them to get a feel for how you would react when placed in a certain situation. Also, to make sure ou will fit into the team environmenticon_wink.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dangtran09 wrote: »
    1 is for personality and other is technical.

has anyone experience a personality test? if so, please provide some feedback. thanks.
    I've had to do a couple of technical tests before. My first IT job the guy wanted me to make a folder, rename it, delete it and delete some files within MS-DOS.

A couple of years ago I had to do a "daily task test" which was questions like;

"If your server had two network cards and one of them went down, what would happen"

and

"User A calls you up saying they can't remember their password. How would you solve this?"

They were pretty easy needless to say.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    I've taken a personality test for my current job and it was just for them to get a feel for how you would react when placed in a certain situation. Also, to make sure ou will fit into the team environmenticon_wink.gif

Haha. I've taken a few personality tests, too.

You always see the question:

"Your co-worker Michael offers to sell you a stolen 55" LCD TV. Would you take it?"

Answer A: No, and report him to your manager.
    Answer B: No, and don't do anything about it.
    Answer C: Yes, take the tv.
    Answer D: Ignore Michael.

Honestly though, you'd answer A. But in real life you'd be like "Hell yes I want that TV! Do you have more?!"
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S