Options

Resume critique for entry level help desk

keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is good at reviewing resumes and to see if you can give me any good suggestions on my resume that I am including in this thread. Any suggesstions would be helpful.

I currently work at a call center for about 4 years now doing customer service / collections so I know at least I can utiilize that skill but I had no job experience yet and I am looking for that opportunity. If anyone can give some good pointers to spice up my resume so that it would be more attracting i Would appreciate it.

My resume down below:

OBJECTIVE

To secure a career as a Help Desk Support in a reputed organization, which appreciates professional approach and hard work, where I can utilize my knowledge, various skills & dedication in contribution towards fulfilling the company’s
growth objectives, develop my career and excel in the related field.

SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE

Ø 4 years in customer service working in a call center environment
Ø Capable of offering excellent customer care excellence within high-volume environment
Ø Capable of multitasking and handling multiple applications at one time.
Ø Capable of troubleshooting wireless/wired internet connections through extensive lab work
Ø Capable of upgrading computer software, hardware and antivirus software.

CAREER HISTORY

Current Employer : Receivable Management Service / Iqor
Production : Global Business Process Outsourcing
Position : Senior Agent
Period of Service : December 2006 till present
Assignments : Reviews and takes appropriate action on all calls and correspondence received from clients, debtors, and customer care.
: Enter events and comments into computer for confirming letters to debtors on arrangements, status reports, etc.
: Clarify problems or issues presented by Customers.
: Provide information; arrange payments and follow-up payment plans to assure settlement of accounts on client’s behalf.

Employer : Fidelity National Finance
Position Held : Claims Processor
Period of Service : March 2004 to March 2006
Assignments : Conducted and verified end of month batch accuracy and total costs.
: Accurately process loan policies that included liabilities, premiums and endorsements.
: Enter and code policy sheets into mainframe system to ensure proper documentation.
: Make strategic decision plans that brings in more revenue for the company

ACEDEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelor of Science : Devry University – Cum Laude
Associate in Applied Science : College of Dupage
Computer Knowledge : Windows 7, XP, Vista, Microsoft Word, Excel, Basic Software/Hardware upgrade
Certificate of Achievement : A+ Certification pending

CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS

Employee of month for 4th Quarter from Receivable Management Service
Selected to transition into a higher seniority stage of collections

PERSONAL STRENGTHS

Friendly and easy going with people, keen observer, fast learner, able trainer & good listener

REFERENCES UPON REQUEST

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's actually a good resume mate. Check this thread out for another great resume example. I'll suggest that you move the Qualifications section towards the top of the resume. Since you will be applying for an IT job, you want the HR dud to know first-off that you really want an IT job and you are working towards your certs to help you land that first IT job. At first glance, although the resume is well-done, looks like you want to get into a more senior call centre role or a senior complaints handling person. It wasnt until I got to your qualifications section did I think you wanted an IT job. If I thought like that, that HR schmuck who looks at your resume will most likely chuck your resume into the dumpster, even though it looks good. It's a hard world already, you need to do everything you can to get noticed. Just me $.02
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com