Passed!

I passed the CCNA-voice iiuc exam today with a 974/1000 !!!!!

I have to say it was way easier than the CCNA R+S cert.

To be fair I come from a heavy voice background so a lot of the tradional voice and voip material questions were no brainers but still......

I think I deserve a cold beer then I have to figure out what to do next. I'd like to do the CCVP (I know its CCNP V now but I'm not switching yet) but the hard copy books aren't out yet and with just a few months to wait I don't know if I'll bother trying to get copies of the old one for now. Route might be an option too but I think it might be a bit heavy before embarking on the CCVP. On the other hand maybe I'll just drink beer...

D

Comments

• tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well Done...
    ICND1 - Passed March 19/2010
    ICND2 - Passed April 8/2010
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!! I'll be sitting this exam tomorrow...

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!icon_cheers.gif
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, nice score. :)

Most post CCNA exams are easier because they focus each on one or two particular things.
    I think the NP Voice is the biggest challenge after the CCNA and prior to CCIE level.
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Congrats!!!!! I will be sitting my IIUC exam on FEB 18. What material did you use for studying?
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif

I'll be taking this Feb. 7.

Good luck to the others taking this exam!
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Hey thanks everyone!

I used the cisco press guide as my main book. read cover to cover once then referred back quite a bit. Ran through the practice tests all questions twice, watched the cbt nuggets videos and used the sybex guide for reference.

I've noticed the sybex and cisco press books have some different material not included in the other that comes in handy both real world and at test time. I think I'm going to continue on the same as this study and read the cisco press book fully first then browse unknown topics in the sybex book to brush up. Obviously that means more $$$ for books but that's cheap for me compared to failing. Also when I test it's a full day of travel there and back which sucks...
    johnwest43 wrote: »
    Congrats!!!!! I will be sitting my IIUC exam on FEB 18. What material did you use for studying?

Wow you are cutting it close to cut off. I tested a little earlier than I might have wanted and crammed really hard at the end here just in case I needed a retry before it's gone... Good LUCK!
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    I'm feeling pretty good about this test. I still have a few days of wiggle room if i happen to botch it though!
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats and well done! I'll agree that it is easier than the CCNA, but the CCNA is a prerequisite, so it is knowledge that is required to get the CCNA:V cert.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!! I'll be sitting this exam tomorrow...

-Peanut

Passed... now that this is out the way, I can focus on the ROUTE exclusively!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Peanut!
    Congrats!

I wonder if a lot of people here are going to get this one done before the end of the month...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tha_dub wrote: »
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats to the folks who passed

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    Passed... now that this is out the way, I can focus on the ROUTE exclusively!

-Peanut

Hi Peanut,

What material did you use to study?

Thanks!
    Paul