Options

Technotes relevance to XP SP 2???

hslimhslim Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I had a good look at the technotes. Think it is a very good contribution from you guys. But with SP 2 launched, are the technotes still relevant??? Are there anything which is lacking? eg. Security centre, firewall configuration ,etc...

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    hslim wrote:
    Hi, I had a good look at the technotes. Think it is a very good contribution from you guys. But with SP 2 launched, are the technotes still relevant??? Are there anything which is lacking? eg. Security centre, firewall configuration ,etc...
    I've written some of these TechNotes after SP2 was released, though based (ie. screenshots, features) on a XP machine running XP1. I haven't had any reports from SP2 specific information on the test. If or when that changes, I will update the notes. The Internet Explorer TechNotes I added a couple of days ago contains a link to the IE 6 resource kit, which has a good overview of the SP2 features.
    Are there anything which is lacking?
    The TechNotes I've written so far, cover the 'current' corresponding exam objectives (see bottom of each TechNotes). I will complete the following final TechNotes for the 70-270 exam this month (hence the free PDF will also come available with all 70-270 TechNotes combined):
    - Dial-up networking
    - TCP/IP
    - Local Security (local users and groups, user right assignments, security configurations)

I'm quite sure it will be very hard to fail the exam after reading all the 70-270 TechNotes, though they are meant to compliment a book, CBT, or classroom course, hence you should not use them as your only source.