Options

For those who have taken and passed ROUTE

vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just wanted to get an opinion from those of you who have passed ROUTE about how to best use my study time. Right now i'm labbing more than anything. I have the ROUTE FLG and i'm labbing my way through it as I read each concept. From what I have read about this exam, hands on experience with the topics seems to be much more important than standard reading and memorizing. I will probably supplement labs with at least one practice exam like Boson and possibly the ROUTE Cert Guide (Although I've read some bad reviews on it) Do you guys have recommendations for lab sources?

I plan to use the following for lab sources/ideas:

all Network Diagrams in the ROUTE FLG
PrepLogic MegaGuide
Soup to Nuts lab guide (relevant portions)
CCNP ROUTE Lab manual

I feel that if i put in the lab hours on all of those, I have a good shot of passing ROUTE. Whaddya think?
Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...

Comments

• Options
    cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    i think your plans is enough to passed.
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can land the exam labs correctly, i don't know how you could fail it seriously.

The main goals of the CCNP are mostly BGP basics, intermediate IPV6 and tunnelling methods, Advanced OSPF, Overall Redistribution and loop preventions. Mixed to that, a good revision of the CCNA topics and some extras.
    You may have noticed that there's not much to learn new about EIGRP, isnt it ?

In the exam, i forgot to do something important in one of the labs which certainly cost me a few points at the end.
    I mostly used GNS3, Official certification book by Odom, Nuggets videos and Boson ExSim-Max to help me focus and find my weakest points.