Options

CCNP Switch - Day 3 update

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Alright, so I just decided the QoS section on Switch was just so cool.

I read the QoS certification book, watched the QoS CBTNuggets twice, worked through ONT QoS videos also. Spent hours just doing stupid stuff to my home and went through about 20-30 of our customer's QoS setups. Most were just auto QoS'd but not all. I probably spent a dozen hours off and on in the last week just labbing random things.

Probably am not going to test on it, since I am not ready. Didn't study to that level of detail. But I am confident I could setup an end to end QoS for a company now. The BGP/QoS stuff still confused me though. But I think that is lack of experience with BGP in general. Hoping my studies for Tshoot and promotion at work will help close that knowledge gap.

More on the switch side I have just been spending my train rides to and from going through my 500+ flashcards I made. I think I have them down at this point. So hopefully this week I'll start reading the LAN Switching handbook and be ready by next month for the exam.

Target is still end of March.
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    The BGP/QoS stuff still confused me though. But I think that is lack of experience with BGP in general.

It's not really covered in the book. It was in the first edition!
    I guess BGP QoS is covered into the Internet Routing fundamentals book or Routing TCP/IP Volume II ?

QoS is cool man, i'm glad you got some interests for it now :) There's some Voice/QoS topics in SWITCH book as well. Basically its fun, because some topics cross-connect togheter and that QoS exam will help me to pass the cvoice 8 exam this spring!!

Keep the good work Dan!