Study for One or Both Exams?

elementnakelementnak Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Heres the deal. I want to get A+ certified. I'm in college and know my IT.

I was wondering if I should study just for the 701 then take that test.
Then, I would study for the 702 then try that test.

Or just study for both and take them the same day. (thinking of doing this)

I'm probable just over thinking this stuff because most of it feels like review.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think it would be best to study for both and take the first test. When you pass the first test, decide when you want to take the second one.

If you get any materials off line, use cert guard to make sure that they are legal materials. For example, if a site says "100% pass guaranteed" or "actual test questions" check the site out. You don't want to **** on certifications because they can be pulled and you can be banned from taking any more tests with that company. Usually books from bookstores are okay.

CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    elementnak wrote: »
    Heres the deal. I want to get A+ certified. I'm in college and know my IT.

I was wondering if I should study just for the 701 then take that test.
    Then, I would study for the 702 then try that test.

Or just study for both and take them the same day. (thinking of doing this)

I'm probable just over thinking this stuff because most of it feels like review.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice.

Study for both, take both.

This is how you will use the skill in the working world, and likely how you are gaining your experience while you prepare for your exams.

I recommend taking the exams the same day, other disagree. You decide what works for you.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would agree with the above study for both take both on same day, glad I did it that way anyway!
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i read the Sybex all the way through, and took both tests on the same day
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    there is much much overlap. only difference is the 702 is much about troubleshooting.
    So study for both. All the books are set this way anyways.
    Take the 701 and take the 702 3-5 days later. This way youll have a good couple of days to brush up on your information as well as not spend too long and lose that information. If you do good on the first test, youll do roughly the same, if not better on the second.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree