Options

CCNP Switch - Day 4

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
At this point I have completed CBTNuggets, Foundations Guide, Video Mentor, Completed the LAB guide, Completed CBTnuggets QoS Vids, Most of the QoS Cert guide and read most the old BCMSN book.

So bored of the official materials I went and stayed up most of the night reading "Cisco LAN Switching Configuration Handbook".

I have to tell you a month ago this book intimated me. It doesn't go into the detail the official CCNP curriculum does. So I found it impossible to follow. But now after completing what I have it's flying! I made it about half way through.

I HIGHLY recommend this book, it's just great. So many little commands and helpful things you just don't see in the cert or foundation guide.

One thing that is hurting me, it lack of access to 4500/6500/7000 series switches. I can't try the commands out in any way. So I am sorta just tossing them in the file cabinet of my mind and hoping for the best.

So probably another 4 hours of study last night, with some misc time on the train the last couple of days.
-Daniel

Comments