Options

Sec+ CE Renewal

cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
A different question regarding the renewal of the CE certs. Now before i get taken the wrong way ill explain;

I understand that once enrolled in the CE program, you require 50 credit to recert. this can be done by any authorised higher level cert (CCNA: S for example) thats all well and good, but my question is that say I have CCNA:S and my 3 year time line is coming up for my Sec+ to be recertified, and I am not ready to advance to the CCNP:S, will a recert on CCNA:S also recert my Sec+ CE?

I can only assume that it will, since a recert is the same a earning the cert in the first place.. sort of...

Another point, is that as most now, with CISCO you don't necessarily have to do that same exam to recertify a qualification.. A CCNP will recert the CCNA:S.. in this circumstance, will that path of CISCO recertification - as you are being renewed on all lower CISCO certs, satisfy the requirements of the Sec+ recert, even though the CCNP is not on the authorised list of higher level certs for the Sec+ ?

Hopefully this makes some sense to someone, as its something that i have been thinking of lately as the CompTIA site does not go into that level of detail with renewals.

Cheers for any help!
Rosh

Comments