Options

70-682 Versus 70-680 & 70-685 that is the question

geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
So 70-271 is in the bank and taking 70-272 Monday. The plan has been to take 70-682, but the more I read up on 70-682 I see that I am going to have to use 70-680 & 70-685/6 study material to pass. So is the only advantage to 70-682 that I can take one test versus two? If so it looks to me to be easier to study for 680 take the test then study for 685 and be done! Versus studying both and then taking 682! Am I off base here or am I on the right track here?

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's a fairly big jump from XP to Windows 7. I did the 2 exam route, and I'm glad I did. I was exposed to a lot more material, that helped me get the information down.

I used material from the 680/685/686 to pass both exams. I think the only real benefit is that you can save the $125 by taking the upgrade.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I think the only real benefit is that you can save the $125 by taking the upgrade.

And the stress of sitting for another test, and the potential to fail.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used material from the 680/685/686 to pass both exams. I think the only real benefit is that you can save the $125 by taking the upgrade.

What study material did you use to study for all 3 exams? Thanks in advance for the info.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For the 680 I used the MS press book and technet and the measure up questions on the CD.
    I used Darrils book for the 685 and the 685 MS press book. I am currently studying for the 681 and 686 exams, as they seem to have some overlapping material.
    My advice is to use multiple sources, checking on the errata frequently and making your own errata notes. Download the exam objectives, and do some labbing based on those. Finish up with some practice exams to gauge where your strengths and weaknesses are.
  • Options
    arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the 680 I used the MS press book and technet and the measure up questions on the CD.
    I used Darrils book for the 685 and the 685 MS press book. I am currently studying for the 681 and 686 exams, as they seem to have some overlapping material.
    My advice is to use multiple sources, checking on the errata frequently and making your own errata notes. Download the exam objectives, and do some labbing based on those. Finish up with some practice exams to gauge where your strengths and weaknesses are.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.