i'd love to say hi to everyone however no section for it

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
As a new member, i say hi basically. However, i couldn't see any introduction
part in the forum for newbies.
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nope, I think where you are is the right place.

Hi and welcome by the way.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,570 Mod
    Hi & Welcome to the forums icon_thumright.gif

What's your future plans (certs,degrees,carees) ?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Hi & Welcome to the forums icon_thumright.gif

What's your future plans (certs,degrees,carees) ?

Thank you for all. Actually, im so confused about other certs. In spite of having CCNA, still i can't get a job. This makes me upset and depressed. As a man graduated from university in 2006, then got the master's degree in 2008. With it, my profession is called Master of Science but in academical career. Passed CCNA on the 27th day of 2010, i mean recently. Apart from these
    i only just worked 2 months. i consider that now i know a lot about network devices such as routers,modems,switches since i passed CCNA nevertheless i never practised on servers. Could you give me some advice whether i need to learn system side?
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hi and welcome to TE!
    Kind of depends upon what you like doing. Did you catch the Cisco bug while studying for your CCNA? If so then you may want to stay on the network side of things and pursue other Cisco certs and try to work on the network side of things. If not then you may want to pursue the server side.
    What is your degree in and what work experience do you have?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,570 Mod
    thedrama wrote: »
    Thank you for all. Actually, im so confused about other certs. In spite of having CCNA, still i can't get a job. This makes me upset and depressed. As a man graduated from university in 2006, then got the master's degree in 2008. With it, my profession is called Master of Science but in academical career. Passed CCNA on the 27th day of 2010, i mean recently. Apart from these
    i only just worked 2 months. i consider that now i know a lot about network devices such as routers,modems,switches since i passed CCNA nevertheless i never practised on servers. Could you give me some advice whether i need to learn system side?

I think what you really need is to find a job, any job in IT, until you find the right job you want. You need experience more than anything, try volunteering or internship - anything, to get that experience under your belt. You worked hard on your degrees, you just need a job now then you will be moving up soon . Hang in there!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Hi and welcome to TE!
    Kind of depends upon what you like doing. Did you catch the Cisco bug while studying for your CCNA? If so then you may want to stay on the network side of things and pursue other Cisco certs and try to work on the network side of things. If not then you may want to pursue the server side.
    What is your degree in and what work experience do you have?

My degree at what? As work experience , i dealt with Wireless Internet
    troubleshooting served to locations by ISP, with my squad. What was included? Cisco 877 DSL modems, WAPs attached to it, rarely some switches. WAPs were controlled by devices called WLAN Controllers and on top a system named WCS. I mean those WAPs were managed, instead of working on their own. Furthermore, we could set up hotspots via these modems and WAPs. In our side, we were trying to get rid of issues by sending pings and telnetting to modems installed at locations such as coffee shops, airfields. During this, we were using terminal emulation programs such as secureCRT and troubleshooting from OSI layer1 to layer 3 at least. Checking whether modem interfaces are up, controlling neighbor devices attached to modem(WAPs),
    then trying to send ping packets to WAPs. If everything became OK, in order WAPs to radio broadcasting, we were enabling them over WCS. When we fail on our side, escalation of the call was performed. Our guys got ready to help who went to troubleshoot at the location.

• ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Could you give me some advice whether i need to learn system side?

Build a home lab using VMware ESXi or at the very least...VMware player both of which are free. Then install various operating systems you wish to learn more about. Setup DNS, Active Directory, Exchange, VMware, Group Policy, to name a few things....can be very beneficial to increasing your skills.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My degree at what? .
    Sorry I didn't specify. What is your Bachelors and Masters degree in?
    As to the rest of my post: did the work you did with networks and your Cisco studies spark a real interest with you? If it did then you should probably pursue mainly networking jobs and pursue more networking certs. You should also, though pursue some system/ server knowledge through self study.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.