Options

Work email signatures

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
Recently I noticed a colleague of mine listed one of his certifications in his email signature at work. Do you guys do this? If so what's the format of your signature?

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I do. Always wondered if it was tacky/cheesy/lame.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    We have had a thread or two on this in the past so you can probably search for some results.

IMO its pretty lame to list anything less than an expert level certification like a CCIE, CISSP, JNCIE etc.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We have had a thread or two on this in the past so you can probably search for some results.

IMO its pretty lame to list anything less than an expert level certification like a CCIE, CISSP, JNCIE etc.

Alright I'll go search. Good point though. Doubt I'd really bother mentioning my A+ to anyone since it would be implied I already have it haha.
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    No harm, especially when you have achieved milestone certifications.

Previous thread.

Ooooh and before I can search someone already posts it. Thanks!
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I know a few people that do that with CCxP level certs and MCSE's a few with ITIL..

As for me a prefer to leave it out. I stick with the contact information just seems more useful to have there.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't list mine, and have not really encountered anyone who does. I might consider it when I get to the professional level(actually, if I get more than one NP I will probably put them in there), but I will certainly do it if I hit expert. My number will defiantly be in my signature.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.