Options

JNCIP lab: EBGP topology question

0xygen0xygen Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, Everyone!

I'm practising for JNCIP M/T lab and have question about the last chapter - EBGP. I'm using m7i with logical-routers on it. Can someone suggest me, please, how to connect R1 and R2 to P1 router using one link? I don't have switch and another router, unfortunately icon_sad.gif

Here is my interface config for R1 and R2:
R1:
lt-1/2/0 {
unit 10 {
encapsulation ethernet;
peer-unit 20;
family inet {
address 10.0.5.1/24;
}
}

R2:
lt-1/2/0 {
unit 20 {
encapsulation ethernet;
peer-unit 10;
family inet {
address 10.0.5.2/24;
}
}

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    ccie15672ccie15672 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hmm... I think you need a tunnel services pic for that (with the lt interfaces).

How many ethernet interfaces do you have? You can use a cross-over cable and connect two of them together...
    Derick Winkworth
    CCIE #15672 (R&S, SP), JNCIE-M #721
    Chasing: CCIE Sec, CCSA (Checkpoint)
  • Options
    0xygen0xygen Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ccie15672 wrote: »
    Hmm... I think you need a tunnel services pic for that (with the lt interfaces).

All my lab routers are already using lt interfaces to connect each other and everything work fine.

How many ethernet interfaces do you have? You can use a cross-over cable and connect two of them together...

I don't use ethernet interfaces, because I use lt interfaces.
    As I understand I can use lt interfaces only for point-to-point links, but for P1 router I need to connect it to R1 and R2 together with 1 link.
  • Options
    wrbuttwrbutt Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    use vlan taggin interface on both routers and use same vlan and same subnet on P1. thats only way to connect them.

Regards,
    waqas