Options

Seagate 200GB Hard Drive for $69.99

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
Seagate 200GB for $69.99. Good deal in my book. Rebate ends today!!!

If anyone is interested.

Mine it's on it's way!!!

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4008252 icon_wink.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gif
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Be forewarned that you may have to use that 5 year warranty Seagate gives. I bought a 200 gig Seagate IDE about 6 months ago... last month, it started to crap on me.... whenever it went over 100 gigs in storage, within a couple hours it would corrupt. Windows would see the hard drive, but as far as it was concerned, there were no partitions on it. I was wondering if it might have been the controller, but it did it on three different computers, so I'm pretty sure it was the drive.

I RMA'd it, and got my replacement yesterday. Haven't had time to restore the archive that was on it to see if it craps on me again, but either way, I won't be buying another Seagate drive anytime in the near future.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have never had any problems with Seagate HD's (Knock on wood). I have 2 other 200GB and 1 160GB from Seagate. Had them for a while now almost full too.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I never had problems with Seagate, but IBM is horrible.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have never had problems with Seagate either, but I too have had 2 IBM Deskstars crap out on me in less than 1 year.

I've also had good luck with WD and Maxtor.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Seagate is my second or third choice. They have been overall good, just don't have a long life span in a business enviroment.

1. Maxtor - always
    2 or 3. Fuijitsu and Seagate (both ok, just not as durable as Maxtor)

won't use:
    1. Western Digital
    2. IBM
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?