Options

70-640 - What do I miss

2»

Comments

• Options
    sirk3nsirk3n Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So, you guys are saying...... the certification exam has a lot of questions regarding R2?

I am only using TrainSignal and CBT nuggests for my review.

Is this good enough?
  • Options
    ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sirk3n wrote: »
    So, you guys are saying...... the certification exam has a lot of questions regarding R2?

I am only using TrainSignal and CBT nuggests for my review.

Is this good enough?

The exam is purported to contain R2 material in detail. If Trainsignal and CBTNuggets do not have the R2 designation on their material, it is not covered therein. This type of thing is by necessity very specific. R2 is not altogether a different beast but they did give the beast some new claws. This forum has listed several resources that I've found helpful in my studies in this regard. I would do a quick search.

and +1 to the "lab, lab, lab" suggestions.
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    What some of the wiser heads here are saying is that practical experience coupled with proper knowledge of the principles (ie. reading Technet for starters) is essential.

Just doing some sort of quick once over and getting through the exams won't cut it IRL. For example understanding replication issues in a Active Directory domain can be a knotty topic to diagnose on a production network but just being to answer a question or two in the 70-640 on it won't do anyone much good.

As for AD CS, I didn't find this an easy topic to learn initially but after a lot of reading and much labbing on vm's doing any number of scenario's I eventually got my head around it. It's important to understand AD very well and be comfortable configuring and troubleshooting it otherwise working in the IT industry is going to be difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog