Options

Cisco Academy question

Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
I've been looking around for a while and I wanted to see what other people's experience has been regarding taking classes with a Cisco Academy affiliated college. Basically, I'm trying to find a place that offers the courses online. I'd like to enroll in order to have access to Packet Tracer and the online labs, etc, that students/alumni have. I just don't have the time currently to attend a b&m college, so I need to find something online.

What I've been doing is going to the academy locater on Cisco's site and looking at each college they have listed in my state and checking one by one to see if any offer them online. I found one that said they did, but when I called they had discontinued the online option. Does anyone know of any places that offer these courses online, and/or have any experiences with taking these online? I'm just curious what experience anyone might have with going this route.

It's not a huge deal because I know I can self-study/lab and pass the tests, but it would be worth the cost of the course to get access to the material and potentially a school lab so I can hold off on building my own.

Thanks for any help or comments anyone might have.

Comments

• Options
    seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    I don't believe accredited Cisco Academy instructional centers are permitted to deliver courses that way. It's a lead program through Cisco, sponsored by Cisco. Without special permission from an instructor you might find it hard to come by. I know of someone who did a distance based learning CCNA Exploration from the US to Australia as a type of experiment. But that was a pretty special case where he was sponsored as part of a CCNA Scholarship over on Networking-forum.com

I don't know if any of that is going to help you find out what you're looking for but I thought I'd at least offer my opinion. My suggestion is to e-mail or talk to an instructor..

Good luck
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I think the lab requirements that cisco imposes would keep colleges and universities from offering those courses online. My university offers a version of the vast majority of the IT courses online in one form or another but not the Cisco Netacad classes.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think your going to be able to find a online only class.

At the community college I went to they had a night class available for the cisco network acadamy. Taking 1 class a semester, 2 days a week, can't be that bad...

I think the night class was 6pm - 8pm
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA