Options

how much income tax in your country?

hc2abhc2ab Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Curious because in my country the wage is low but very little income tax is required.

So how much income tax do you need to pay say if you make 30k a year in the US.

Comments

• Options
    DeadProphetDeadProphet Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In sweden we have about 33% income tax, and the word out from the government is that it could be higher soon.
  • Options
    rentaghostrentaghost Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ive just done a rough calculation and here in the UK assuming GBP30k salary:

Gross - 30000
    Tax - 5453
    National Insurance - 2387
    Net take home for year 22160 (thats around 1850 per month in your pocket - or, more likely, in your wifes purse)

I think the cost of living is quite high here so its all relative numbers really.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    http://www.irs.gov/

Our tax rate is relatively low compared to other countries. They are still a pain though. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think out rate is about 28%. However we also have a 12.5% GST on everything we purchase.
    The cost of petrol is about $1.28 litre for premium and that is about 60% tax - they are now wanting to add another 5c a litre to help pay for the roads we have been taxed for, but they siphoned off the money for other things.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I have no idea, all I know is these taxes have me crossed & bent over. God Bless the US.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Income tax in The Netherlands is about 30% - 50%, depends on how much you earn. If you have a small capital (ie. own house) you have to pay about 1%+ tax over your capital each year. Since many wealthy people move to Belgium, Germany or another country with better tax rates, some politicians have recently suggested a new system called flat-tax, with a lower rate equal for everyone. We also have that GST and it's 19% on most goods.

We also have a ridiculous amount of tax on gas, premium is about $1.50 usd per litre and most of it is tax, on top of that I have to pay about $50 per month for road tax and cars are 20% more expensive than at neighboring countries because of BPM tax.

Salaries for jobs such as in IT are pretty good though, but when it comes to tax, the grass is definitely greener at the neighbors ;)
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    /usr wrote:
    http://www.irs.gov/

Our tax rate is relatively low compared to other countries. They are still a pain though. icon_wink.gif

Here is a little better idea as that's a lot for someone to read through if they don't need to read it ;)
    http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article/0,,id=133625,00.html

Based upon what one earns as well as married status:
    0%
    15%
    25%
    28%
    33%
    35%

A side from this: Most states charge sales tax, some cities also have a sales tax for goods sold.

If you are a home owner, you will pay a property tax. If you own more than one residence, you'll pay a lot more on the additional properties. (of course renters incur this in their rent).

Some states have toll roads. Some charge more for license tabs (formerly license plates, now unless it's a new plate one receives a sticker to affix to the plate).

Of course gasoline, liquor, cigarettes is taxed, but it is within the sales price so it isn't as evident.

15% Capital Gains tax (lottery, sale of stocks, etc or a house that wasn't held for at least 2 years).

There are ways to offset some of the taxes, but I'm not going to list them here just wanted to show how much fun being taxed on each little area vs a flat tax can be. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Norway = 36% icon_exclaim.gif
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In Ireland we are robbed, if you are on the higher tax bracket (ie higher salary) you pay 42% and on the lower you pay 20%. Also have 21% VAT (I think thats the same as GST, not too sure though) on everything we buy.