Interview later...any tips?

nx1nonx1no Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have an interview later today with a company as a user support/break fix tech. The company is about 100 users, and the requirements are pretty basic. I'd basically be supporting users deskside with any issues. I was told I wouldn't be doing any networking.

Basically, I'm wondering if there are any managers/directors on here that would be able to give me a few questions to prep for that I might be asked. I meet all the requirements, and have a few years under my belt. I'm most likely exaggerating how much I need to prep for this interview, but the pay/benefits are amazing, so I'm kinda nervous.

Anything would help...interview is in a few hours.

Comments

• xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Try to think of a few questions you have for them beforehand. I've always been asked at the end of interviews if I had any questions. I think it makes you look more interested and concerned when you have something to respond with.

Be confident in yourself and your abilities. Sounds like you can handle this job and it's responsibilities. Be honest about what you don't know, but tell them you know how and where to find answers when you need them.

Here's a couple of questions I've had in past interviews:

- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    - Why are you leaving your current job?
    - Tell us about yourself/your past experience.
    - Tell me about a situation where you made a mistake on the job and what you did about it.

A few technical questions from similar jobs:

- What makes a dual core processor different/better than a single core?
    - How would you try to repair a PC with a virus?
    - A PC can't browse the internet - how would you troubleshoot?
    - A PC boots to a blue screen error - what would you try first?
    - What is DNS? DHCP? Default Gateway?

Just remember - this is about you interviewing them as well. If you've got the skills to do the job, you have something they want/need.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here is a topic that was just started in regards to interview questions

IT Interview Questions

Hope this helps you out icon_thumright.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Dave88LXDave88LX Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't get into a discussion about pay and benefits until after you are made an offer. ;)

I'd recommend wearing a suit if you have one, if not, maybe get one. Don't be a slob.

Leave your phone in the car.

Firm handshake, confident voice, eye contact.

One question I've been asked a couple times is "Give an example where you ran into a problem/obstacle, and how you overcame it."

The "Where do you see yourself" in 5 years is so old, yet, still used. You know it's coming, have a good answer prepared.

They may ask your strengths/weaknesses.

A short thank you note/letter sent to them after the interview to follow-up and again express interest in the job can not hurt. Could also be used to add something relevant you may have left out accidentally during the interview.

Stuff like that. I don't know your age/interview experience.