Switch - Wireless?

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
So I have been dancing around the wireless portion of the Switch exam. I have read the sections, watched the Cbts etc. But I have no real world experience. I have setup maybe 1 real Cisco wireless setup? And troubleshot, another?

So I really need to get my hands on. How is everyone else handling this component? Is there wireless lab rentals out there? I am not finding any.

I am also finding myself with a lot of questions. Thinking maybe I should start reading CCNA: Wireless books?
-Daniel

Comments

• tndfrtndfr Member Posts: 110
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    So I have been dancing around the wireless portion of the Switch exam. I have read the sections, watched the Cbts etc. But I have no real world experience. I have setup maybe 1 real Cisco wireless setup? And troubleshot, another?

So I really need to get my hands on. How is everyone else handling this component? Is there wireless lab rentals out there? I am not finding any.

I am also finding myself with a lot of questions. Thinking maybe I should start reading CCNA: Wireless books?

daniel, David Hucaby says on his book that you dont really need to know how to configure a WLC, just enough to connect an AP (trunk), LAP(access) and WLC (etherchanneled trunk). so basically just the switching side of things.

ideally if you could get yourself a 1220/1230 Autonomous AP and connect it to a switch. cheap 1200 series APs on ebay are only 802.11 B, the 802.11G ones are expensive.
    Working on CCNP 642-813 and finishing off MCSA.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I notice the 1100 series go pretty cheap. These won't do?
    -Daniel