What is the pass mark

chirenjedchirenjed Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
im new and would like to take the A+ exams just wanted to find out the pass mark

Thanks

Comments

• 4SG4SG Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is from CompTIA:
    What is the minimum score required to pass the CompTIA A+ exams?
    The CompTIA A+ upgraded exams covering the 2003 objectives are graded on a scale of 100 – 900. The minimum score for the CompTIA A+ Core Hardware exam is 515 and the minimum score for the CompTIA A+ OS exam is 505.

http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/faqs.aspx
  • heasyheasy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Im currently studying for my A+ hardware exam....

u say the pass rate is on scale of 100-900 and min score is 515..

But what does that mean exactly? what about percentage and amount of questions...

sorry for being a bit slow... :o
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    But what does that mean exactly?

That means you need 515/505 out of 900 to pass. icon_wink.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    heasy wrote:
    what about percentage and amount of questions...
    You can find the nr of questions here: www.techexams.net/co_apluscore.shtml

and as previously posted:
    www.comptia.org/certification/a/faqs.aspx

If you want to be in this industry you should probably be able to calculate the percentage yourself. Regardless, it won't be accurate unless published by CompTIA, who is the only 'one' who knows exactly how the exam is scored. This is because there are unscored items, and we can't even be sure if all questions are scored equally.

My advice is to focus on the exam objectives, gaining the knowledge you'll need to pass the exam, rather than exam scoring details ;)
  • heasyheasy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cheers for the faq.

thanks for who ever replied and said this
    "That means you need 515/505 out of 900 to pass" lol.

and yes i can work out percentages no problem......

Its the scale thing im not too sure on....as there are only 80 questions, which are on scale of 100-900. Does that mean some questions are harder than others and as such are worth more points?

Thanks
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Webmaster wrote:
    Regardless, it won't be accurate unless published by CompTIA, who is the only 'one' who knows exactly how the exam is scored. This is because there are unscored items, and we can't even be sure if all questions are scored equally.

;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?