Options

VoIP Question

Super DevilSuper Devil Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
So Thursday is big day and I'm slightly worried. I've been reading you guy's threads and you've been saying that their are VoIP questions on the Net+ exam. I read Mike Meyers book and I don't recall their being any info on VoIP. I've picked up an Exam Cram book as well and I didn't see anything on VoIP in there either. So I guess my question is where could I get some info on VoIP thats isn't to advanced but basically at the same level as the Net+ exam?

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So Thursday is big day and I'm slightly worried. I've been reading you guy's threads and you've been saying that their are VoIP questions on the Net+ exam. I read Mike Meyers book and I don't recall their being any info on VoIP. I've picked up an Exam Cram book as well and I didn't see anything on VoIP in there either. So I guess my question is where could I get some info on VoIP thats isn't to advanced but basically at the same level as the Net+ exam?

It's probably very basic if it is covered. Looking over the objectives it appears the Net+ has changed quite a bit since I took it.
  • Options
    Maverick918Maverick918 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I take the Exam tomorrow and I too am worried about the VoIP questions. However I'd image that if they did ask any questions about VoIP it would include PoE, RTP and SIP.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I take the Exam tomorrow and I too am worried about the VoIP questions. However I'd image that if they did ask any questions about VoIP it would include PoE, RTP and SIP.
    exactly, understand your protocols to the fullest! also add in QoS and other performance monitoring stuff when it comes to voip. also remember its almost always UDP not tcp with voip and streaming media like that.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    wgc01wgc01 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    exactly, understand your protocols to the fullest! also add in QoS and other performance monitoring stuff when it comes to voip. also remember its almost always UDP not tcp with voip and streaming media like that.

Yep, that should pretty much cover it, Good Luck

Along with RTP,SIP