Options

Passed

Blu3Blu3 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yay. Just passed with a 751, would have liked a little higher, but oh well. First cert in the books. Was a little nervous/anxious, because there was some questions I had no idea what they were talking about. Overall it was pretty easy, easier than the practice test. I was disappointed that I didnt get alot of OSI questions had that down pack. Happy though didn't get a lot of port questions, because I couldn't remember all those port numbers if my life depended on it.

Next up on the list Sec+ and A+.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and welcome to TE!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks been lurking for a while
  • Options
    dandixdandix Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! Security+ was not that bad. But learn those port #'s....
  • Options
    I know most of the most common ones. But its those others icon_sad.gif that get me. Once I start using them in the real world though they should stick easily. I tend to learn better from hands on experience. Sticks in my brain better.
  • Options
    JoshD779JoshD779 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
    WGU BS-IT Network Design and Management

Complete: EWB, LAC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, WFV1, INC1, INT1, TEV1, TTV1, HVC1, HVT1, TNV1, CLC1, TSV1, LET1, TPV1, ORC1

Que:
    AKV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, MGC1, SSC1, SST1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1,BHV1, BIV1, TWA1, CPW3
  • Options
    phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck with the next two (don't worry, the tests aren't bad).
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    mezekermezeker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Job.

Keep up the good work and get your Security+.
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista, MCAS: Outlook 2007, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals, ITIL v3, ISFS Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002 Certified

"You must not only test whether an application
    does what it is supposed to do, but also whether it does not do what it should not do."
  • Options
    Danny boyDanny boy Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done! I'm sure you'll do well at the next two.
  • Options
    keenyuhkeenyuh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and welcome to TechExams!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    earpeearpe Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the A+icon_cheers.gif two months ago so I could get the lifetime cert. I am studying for my Network+ now, I have completed Myers book, reading LearnKey now, took every practice test I could find and feel ready to take the real test now.
  • Options
    Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    earpe wrote: »
    I passed the A+icon_cheers.gif two months ago so I could get the lifetime cert. I am studying for my Network+ now, I have completed Myers book, reading LearnKey now, took every practice test I could find and feel ready to take the real test now.

Dude, I'm almost in the exact same situation - minus the LearnKey. Instead I've read the ExamPrep book.

I don't feel ready yet to take the test - but should be by end of May when it's scheduled :)