Options

Quitting my job

strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
Today is the big day. I have to tell my boss I'm quitting today because I'm moving to London.

The problem is I get along really well with my boss and I know that me leaving is going to cause lots of problems for him (He relys on me alot!)

However, apart from moving I am also leaving because the Partners above him hate me because I asked for a pay rise. They just give me dirty looks and ignore me all the time now. Wankers! I find it hard to work here because I want to do the right thing by my boss but I hate making money for people who don't respect me.

I have quit other jobs before with no problems but probably because I haven't got along with my boss or haven't been so heavily relied upon.

Anyone been in this situation or have any advice??

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    strauchr wrote:
    Today is the big day. I have to tell my boss I'm quitting today because I'm moving to London.

The problem is I get along really well with my boss and I know that me leaving is going to cause lots of problems for him (He relys on me alot!)

However, apart from moving I am also leaving because the Partners above him hate me because I asked for a pay rise. They just give me dirty looks and ignore me all the time now. Wankers! I find it hard to work here because I want to do the right thing by my boss but I hate making money for people who don't respect me.

I have quit other jobs before with no problems but probably because I haven't got along with my boss or haven't been so heavily relied upon.

Anyone been in this situation or have any advice??

Tell your boss that you feel its time for you to move on b/c the envirornment is counter productive for your professional growth.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Well I did it and he was actually quite happy for me making my move. All that stress over nothing eh.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Perth to London.....long ways away, you already have something setup there, or just going with high hopes..
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Its a very very long way which is kinda the idea. Been living here all my life and I need to go and see the world. I think London is a good start.

My boss is actually from the UK and he went back there recently and said the market is quite busy with a lot of contract work right now. He also is giving me some contacts which should help and I'll be sending my resume to recruiting companies before I go.

So maybe not high hopes but with some hope and some planning. And if it doesn't work out I'll just go somewhere else or come home.

Where abouts are you from Ricka182?
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Best of luck to you. Considering the certs you have, I doubt you'll have much trouble finding something.
  • Options
    /usr wrote:
    Best of luck to you. Considering the certs you have, I doubt you'll have much trouble finding something.

Thanks for the encouragement
  • Options
    KernelXPKernelXP Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You'll have no problems getting work in London. I'm originally from the UK and my wife is Australian, she was never out of work over there, Aussies have a reputation for being great workers.
  • Options
    Thanks KernelXP. Thats gives me some more confidence. I'll have to try and keep the good reputation of Aussies while I'm there.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Best of luck on the move and everything!! Quite a change, but there is work out there for those who can do it! :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Thanks Plantwiz. I know its a big change but looking forward to it. It will be challenging and exciting.

I will keep people updated with my progress once I move there which will be at the end of April and give some tips for people who might be thinking of doing the same thing. Although this will probably under a new topic.
  • Options
    mark_pizamark_piza Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the best mate! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    strauchr wrote:
    I will keep people updated with my progress once I move there which will be at the end of April and give some tips for people who might be thinking of doing the same thing. Although this will probably under a new topic.

Well, we'll still be at the same address ;) So don't forget us!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?