Options

Using Skillsoft for exam 70-680 and 70-686

zabatekzabatek Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Morning

I'm new to this website and have a couple of questions about preparing myself for the Microsoft 70-680 & 70-686. I'm currently using the skillsoft courses provided from Robert Half Technology and the Microsoft pressbooks.

Has anyone on this website used the skillsoft courses and passed the certification exam?

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It can't hurt but I don't think the skillsoft courses are that great. Make sure to use the erratra pages for the book Book update/Page corrections: ?MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7? - Microsoft Press - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DandozDandoz Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm similarly using Skillsoft through RH. I took the 70-680 last week and didn't pass it. I also used the Sybex book, which has far less detail.

I found that the Skillsoft is good, but rather dense with information. It's very thorough on forcing you to understand, say, intricate differences between things like the log files, but not as strong as forcing you to answer the situational questions.

However, I have found that after taking the test and now going back to my resources to review, Skillsoft is pretty good as well at a second look-through now that I'm more attentive to what the actual test asked.

I still find I have to go to MS tech site to find answers to various Powershell and Netshell questions. Is there another resource that goes into more detail for these?
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    I used skillsoft for my W2k8 exams and they were very helpful and were put together very well.
    I also used skillsoft for the 70-680 and 70-686 and i thought they were much lighter on detail than what i experienced with their W2K8 courses which was dissapointing.