Options

Certifications and CNSS

Hey Guys,

I have been wondering if there is an easy way to know what certifications qualify you for what CNSS standard.

It seems the information isn't as clear as id like, but some information was posted around and I wanted to know if I could get some clarity.

So for example it seems CEH qualifies you for CNSS 4011
https://www.eccouncil.org/about_us/awards_and_recognition.aspx

I would assume CISSP would hit a CNSS requirement, but I don't see information on it....just looking to see if someone can clear up what certifications == CNSS;

Thanks in advance!
CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    It's EC-Council's training course (courseware) for the CEH, CHFI, etc. that meets the CNSS training standard, not the EC-Council certifications themselves. A particular CNSS certification is obtained by passing an EC-Council course, not just by passing an EC-Council certification exam.
  • Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    JDMurray wrote: »
    It's EC-Council's training course (courseware) for the CEH, CHFI, etc. that meets the CNSS training standard, not the EC-Council certifications themselves. A particular CNSS certification is obtained by passing an EC-Council course, not just by passing an EC-Council certification exam.

Thanks that's what it was sounding like to me. I appreciate the quick response.

So it seems CNSS is more geared towards attending a training instead of actually achieving a certification.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    yes, it is the information that has been certified to meet the standards. Just off of the top of my head I know that Security University's QEH and the like meet CNSS, as well as the CCNA Security curriculum. How does that one work JD, would you have to attend training at a CNA to get the cert for CCNA:S?
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    yes, it is the information that has been certified to meet the standards. Just off of the top of my head I know that Security University's QEH and the like meet CNSS, as well as the CCNA Security curriculum. How does that one work JD, would you have to attend training at a CNA to get the cert for CCNA:S?

I could have sworn I saw a section to apply for CNSS post CCNA:S in the Cisco certification portal.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was notified of my CNSS 4011 certification. I didn't have to apply for anything.