Options

Just booked my CISSP in Orlando, FL Sept. 19

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
Just booked my CISSP in Orlando, FL Sept. 19, I'm so excited and I just can't hide. I'm going to start my reading in the middle of March, so I can have more than enough time to prepare for the exam. Any thoughts from my previous test takers?
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Banned Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    Just booked my CISSP in Orlando, FL Sept. 19, I'm so excited and I just can't hide. I'm going to start my reading in the middle of March, so I can have more than enough time to prepare for the exam. Any thoughts from my previous test takers?

TBRAYS:

My CISSP Exam Advice:

1) Use these resources for your studying:

Shon Harris' Book

Roberta Bragg's Book

(ISC)2 Gold CISSP Prep Book

NIST SP 800 Series (http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsSPs.html)

I am of the opinion that you cannot do an adequate job preparing simply from one source.

2) Taking the exam:
    • Once you are in the exam room, all communication is done by raising your hand and getting a proctor’s attention. Then the verbal communication is done in a whisper.
    • You will probably be in a room with about 70 people, and 95% will be sitting for the 6-hour CISSP exam
    • The test is in a paper booklet that is sealed, similar to the old ACT and SAT tests
    • When the main exam proctor instructs you to start, you take a pencil, slide it in the booklet and break the seal
    • Take it Backward, starting at question 250.
      Each question is multiple choice style, and the answer will be A, B, C, or D
    • You should circle the letter that corresponded to your answer for each question in the booklet
    • Read each question three times at least
    • You can automatically rule out two choices on most questions.
      If you are confused or have doubts, write a question mark by the question number and move on
    • When you have answered all questions and are confident that you did your best, take the sore sheet and carefully mark your answers from the booklet into the computer-graded score sheet
    • After filling out the score sheet, double check that the answers in your score sheet are the same as what you marked in your test booklet
    • Erase errors carefully, because the questions that have multiple answers are wrong.
    • Questions with no answers or incorrect answers are also wrong
    • Pace yourself – you get six hours, so you need to be answering about 42 questions per hour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    /bump

did you pass? lol