Options

couple of questionss regarding 70-646

chohanchohan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
Though i have Master degree in Software Technology, and now i have decided to move to MS Certifications (MCITP), so in our institute , they have started with 70-646. I dont find it so difficult, but still will appreciate if some one please can answer following questions.

Q1. Measure Up + TS Videos and little bit of MS Book for 70-646 , are these enough to pass the exam ?

Q2. In our lab here, they have PCs that support Windows Server 2008 , 32 bit , for exam point of view, is there significant difference between 32 and 64 bit and normal Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 questions?

Q3. any recommended "free" website for practice exams ?

Regards.
Chohan.

Comments

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chohan wrote: »
    Hello,
    Though i have Master degree in Software Technology, and now i have decided to move to MS Certifications (MCITP), so in our institute , they have started with 70-646. I dont find it so difficult, but still will appreciate if some one please can answer following questions..

Welcome to TE
    Q1. Measure Up + TS Videos and little bit of MS Book for 70-646 , are these enough to pass the exam ?

What about lab? do you have your own lab? did you practice what you are reading? if the answer is yes then I would say they are enough to pass. However I recommend that you get another book

Amazon.com: MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator Study Guide: (Exam 70-646) (9780470293157): Darril Gibson: Books
    Q2. In our lab here, they have PCs that support Windows Server 2008 , 32 bit , for exam point of view, is there significant difference between 32 and 64 bit and normal Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 questions?

64bit version is exactly like 32bit however Hyper-V is only supported in 64bit version. As for the questions all of them now are about Windows Server R2 (which is only 64bit) and it is different than previous version some terms have changed and some features have been added.

You can download a trial version of 2008 R2 (with sp1) from here

Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Free 180-Day Trial

There are more than one threas in the forum that compare between 2008 and 2008 R2 so try to search for this.
    Q3. any recommended "free" website for practice exams ?

I'm sorry I can't think of any however the MeasureUp and the practice questions included in Sybex book should be enough for you.

Good luck for you, I gotta ask though did you finish the other two exams to become MCITP-SA (640 and 642) or this is your first exam?